Newbie to Cigar Box

Just wanted to introduce myself. 

My wife bought me a Delta Star Deluxe for Christmas.   Looking at the box in the wrapping paper it was very long and narrow.   As I unwrapped it and opened the top of the box I saw the tuning pegs on the head and I am thinking what the heck is this!.. I pulled it completely out of the box and was thinking.  What???  I have never heard of these cigar box guitars before.  I am a guitar player but primarily for my own enjoyment in my house.  I own 4 acoustics and 2 electrics.  So first thing I did was went online to see what this was all about.   I tuned it to open G and started in.  Found a couple tabs to play and really enjoyed the time playing.  Now I am completely hooked......   What a blast to play.   Hoping I still pick up the 6 strings every now and then but this will get a lot of playing time.  Being a woodworking hobbyist I am already look forward to my first build.  Time to find some lessons and get on with it.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good wife. A lot of us have mostly ditched the 6 stringers. Buildin' and playin' cbg's is too much fun. Look forward to seein' yer first build...and the one's that will have to follow.

• Great story!  Glad you shared.

• 306666895?profile=original

• oh no, we reeled in another one, hooked for life, it's all over, just give in....LOL

Welcome aboard, hope you have fun!

• What a great Wife mate you will have fun building just keep it simple to start i started building 9 months ago and now at #17 on the bench , and a space in local music store where i sell them ...... i havnt picked up a 6 string for 9 months dont think ill be doing it in near future in hooked like a Bass ..... Regards Jeff . 

This reply was deleted.