Well, after long time lurking and eventual unsubscribing, receiving Mike Orr's book as a gift put me over the edge.  I just completed my first ever CBG and, though I note SEVERAL items that really rankle, I am fairly pleased.

I like the fish hook sound holes and fish volume knob quite well!  The last minute 'oops' on my label really tweaks my melons (it was a bubble under the paper under the polycrylic -- GRRRR!).

I don't know how to play guitar.  My son demonstrates the sound, but it is his first time to play a 3 string.  I intended it to be a slider and action is really too high to fret, but he manages OK.

SO... what next?  In no particular order:

1.  I learn to play

2. Make a CBG amp

3. Make more CBGs! -- oh, the juices are already flowing... lessons learned, new ideas... I may be obsessed!

Sean in Tenn

http://youtu.be/8YZs2QZiwKo

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• nice!

• Looks great, nice job on those holes!!

• I am new, too.  I like this very much.  Congratulations.  I am building and learning to play at the same time.

• Sparky,

Kewl git, and Welcome to the Addiction! I too dig the fishhook soundholes.

•                                            That's good. Nice to see someone follow a theme through like that.305786500?profile=original

• Nice build. I like your fish hook sound ports. Enjoy playin' her, Keni Lee

• cool looking cbg

sorry i cant help you on whats next. because im new to this also. but id say just start picking at it.

This reply was deleted.