Newbie just arrived

Hello gang.  I just wanted to start a topic and introduce myself.  My name is Bryan and I have been a guitar player for almost 40 years now.  Though lately I've put my guitar duties down and havd been playing drums (blues backing), I thought it was time to get back to the strings with something new and fresh to me - thus the CBG world.  Very cool!!  So, I just purchased a diddley bow kit from CB Gitty and look forward to entering this new and exciting world!  I look forward learning from you all, as I know this is going to be addicting!!!!

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for the welcome, gang!

Ok - my initial plans are first tackle the diddley bow, then move to a two string chugger, then a three string CBG, and then perhaps a four string.  Why do we always make plans before things happen - ha ha.

• Life is what happens when you are making other plans, lol

• As a fellow long time guitar player welcome to the wonderful world of "What do I do with this?" : ) My first three string? I tuned it to standard so I could actually play it. Now I take the chance to experiment with as many different tunings as I can find or think of. These guitars are a wonder. They will get you out of the same ol same ol comfort zone. None of those patterns we all fall into work on these guitars. Rethinking and rediscovering is a blast! Looking forward to hearing great things from ya.

• what addiction, i can stop any time i want to. i just dont want to ...lol

• Howdy have fun .. There needs to be a help line for the addiction .... I would never ring it ...
  • The first one's free...muahahaha
  • welcome to the addiction . 

This reply was deleted.