Looking forward to being able to send messages. Post pictures! Join chat! and all the other things that don't work on this ancient stone tablet of a computer. I might add this ancient computer still works flawlessly. Just to old to update anything anymore.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I can actually send and receive messages. Got that tool bar on top of each post with all the goodies  on it. And I don't have to delete my posts to make changes to them. Imagine all the bells and whistles are there when I go to upload pictures too. It's nice! 

Frustration is right Anonymous. Right now i'm working on templets that have to be precise. I'm creating them on my old mac. Converting  then to PDF. Burning them to disk. Dropping them onto my new computer and printing them. Then to make changes I have to start by going to my old mac........ What's real frustrating is the new mac has features that cut the time to make these templets. 

• Hooked up the external drive. Got all almost 80gigs of stuff on it. Now good to go. it amazes me. My first computer had a 4 gig hard drive...I have almost 80 gigs on this box. And still have all my music and videos that are still on the old box. When we got our first computer the sales mans told us. "You'll never fill that hard drive up." : )

• saw  ya  in   chat  the other  day   rat  ..  i  got  all  excited  for  ya  ;-)

hope  ya  get it all sorted  out  soon   and we see  ya   in more    places  on  the site .

gotta  be  frustrating  for  ya  .   .

• Guess the only good thing is nothing to get lost or damaged......... but still. 

It's a step backward as far as I'm concerned. A computer without a CD/DVD player.  I  got the external drive. Apple is doing a lot of backwards things lately. Their getting rid of iPhoto. Replacing it with this crappy, featureless thing called "Photos". I replaced 'Photos' with iPhoto. I've read a lot of complaints about iMovie. Final cut pro has people pulling their hair out. Apple is releasing stuff with bugs. Replacing working programs with toys. Releasing half ass programs that need countless updates to work right. Wonder of Apple is taking a page from Windows. : ( 

• Yes, my comment was not directed to clouds, but I am in agreement. I write database systmes for small compamies and I do my best for the most part to keep them off clouds. What I was referring to was the fact that there is no longer an operating system DVD that you can keep in a drawer somewhere. It has to be downloaded/streamed from the app store and installed.
  • Ya, this whole storage on the net thing is something I'm totally against. The first thing the techs would ask about is my iCloud. They weren't pushy about it, but weren't happy with my decision not to use iCloud. Personally I don't think any out of your control storage system is a good idea. If your computer crashes it only effects you. If a 'cloud' crashes it'll rain down on everyone that uses it. Their first idea was to have me back everything up to iCloud. That's why I ended up getting a 2T external hard drive. Was going to need one anyway so that was no big deal. The idea is for me to backup all the data, programs and applications I've got on this box. That includes all my DAWs, publisher programs and the like. Then if they have to, they will wipe my computer clean and start over. The problem I'm having with Pages is actually cascading and getting worst within that program. Nothing else is being effected. As far as I can tell anyway. Going to wait till Monday to get back with them.

• Hmmm ... If you get no joy from the techs, try loading the operating system on the external HD and see if the bugs persist. No sure how you would do that now as it is my understanding there is no dvd. All is done over the net.
  • Yup ... RTF will only preserve text formatting. You need better than that for mixed text and graphics.
  • I think this box was born with this problem. My old mac is still 100% awesome. Couldn't find anything in any forum about bugs in Pages. So if there is any I'll let the techs on mac's side bring it up. Got my external hard drive. Haven't got it together yet. It'll  be my date for Friday night. Just me, an unresponsive date that does her own thing. And hours of frustration. Just like a real date. : ) 

David, I tried RTF. Found out it doesn't work well with graphic loaded documents. PDF did wonders. I have plenty of regular text documents that will to go RTF. Hundreds of them..... hundreds.... 

• Wow ... Too much fun. My last mac is 2010. Just wondering what I will run into when I finally bite the bullet. Good luck.
This reply was deleted.