Hi all been lurking a while getting some great info from you guys and CB Gitty . I've built 3 cbg's a diddly bow a pickup winder I pickup so far it's going in the yellow Don Tomas box with the teak fretboarded hickory neck the previous builds were pizio's . The amp in the photo is an old 1930's Philco roll top radio case that I modded to put in an Esteban G10 amp. The winder was made from a gear motor (140 rpm) from American Science and Surplus . The pickup is scatter wound , potted in candle wax 8005 turns of #42 wire. Thank all of you for the great info and CB Gitty for the great site and all the parts I've used so far. I'm an electronics tech by trade , a hobby TIG welder, old bike rebuilder built my own powder coater to do bike frames am 64 yrs still working I commute on my bike 7.5 mi each way all year long but lately rainy days wave me driving. Oh and don't expect any sound clips with me playing I learned back in 1967 or so that I have no...beat. Thanks again for all the great info. Gary

image.jpg

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Howdy new guy from Illinois. I'm just across the river from ya here in Missouri. Looks to me your an old pro by now. : ) Great gear and cbgs there.

• Some good lookin' gear.

• Thanks guys. I got a little more done this morning.

image.jpg

• that  amp , and   guits, and winder,  look pretty   yummy   man  ;-)

• My photos must have been too big here's another of current stuff. Sorry in wrong area also.

image.jpg

This reply was deleted.