Replies

• Err, you're trying to precision tune a d-bow?
  • Jerryrig240 - those tuners look great - really nice utilitarian way of tuning a guitar

thanks for posting pics

cheers
  • I am wondering if that hose clamp guy was not me, I did something like that on a diddley bow once. My quistion is, did you drill tat hole on that screw yourself, I would love to put 3 of those on a cbg. Me for example, that is the one thing I hate about doing a build, I have to worry about the dang tuners. I myself can put together any scrap wood and license plate and stuff in the wolrd to make a cbg, but I ca not fashiona tuner to save my life, I wish there was a good ol' fashion way to make your own, good working tuners. In fact, the build I am working on now, my tuners are bent, so now,I will have to swap out the tuners and maybe even buy some new ones

Bluesheart said:
    Someone in here used a hose clamp as a tuner for a dbow that looked like it would work well.
  • Maybe there should be an Alternative Tuner forum? I've seen some neat ones out there(in here). Being lazy I just use the store bought kind.
  • Hi,

Iwould be interested if you find the link someday because I can't imagine how is this working...

By the way, anyone interested with alternative tuners, you can check a photo album I made
    experimenting homemade tuners on a biscuit box...

Bluesheart said:
    Someone in here used a hose clamp as a tuner for a dbow that looked like it would work well.
  • Someone in here used a hose clamp as a tuner for a dbow that looked like it would work well.
  • Attaboy!!!

pi_r_squared said:
    see link above :)
  • pi_r_squared thanks for that link - exactly the solution i was looking for....right of to the workshop.....
  • see link above :)
  • I saw homemade tuners that weren't 1:1. The bolt went through a tailpiece, the string was attached to a wing nut, and a wing nut on the other end was the tuning key. I'm sure there were washers involved too.

Roger Martin said:
    The age old problem with about any sort of home made tuners is the fact that they turn 1 to 1 .Which makes it very difficult to tune to any real degree.It's POSSIBLE but tough to hit the right spot without getting annoyed.
    If I was going to build another screw type tuner I might try adding as 2nd screw INSIDE between the tuner itself and the nut.With the head of the screw riding just on top of the string.That way you could get the tuning close and then fine tune with the 2nd screw UP or down to get that final setting.
    Think of a fiddle with the other tuners on the tail end for minute tunings.
This reply was deleted.