Howdy all.

I got this at an auction and have had a hard time coming up with information on it. Search the web (non google search engines) and come up with banjo mandolin combinations. Nothing on this one. Looks to be played by strumming cords with the left hand wile hitting solo notes with the right. 

Any information you might have on it would be cool. Would like to know where I could get strings for it.

IMG_0758banjolin.jpg

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have one that a friend gave me. Needs a lot of work, but is interesting.
  • Thanks again for all the help and info folks. And Thanks for the link on restringing Oily "Strat-O'-Nine-Tales" Fool. Be a bit before I can play with this. Needs some work done on most of the tuners. Not turning. Some keys are slipping and others aren't turning at all. There's a guy in the town next to me that makes mandolins and dulcimers. Hopefully he can help. 

Pete Linch, I have the original bow, leather case and tuner key. The bow needs to be restrung. 

• Paul,

Just curious: can you see a manufacturer's sticker or mark down through the sound hole?

• You can locate a suitable Bow on E-'ay used for playing a psaltery. Very reasonable priced, nice quality.

• Paul, its played with a short Bow on the left and right sides close to the anchor pins. I have had one like it.

• Paul,

Oops...you wanted to know where to get strings for yours. Try www.fretlesszithers.com as a primary source; they have a lot of info on restringing.

• I am not even going to ask....

• Dan,

No secret message.

Weirdness with my keyboard - kept hitting an F key accidentally. Doofus. Eejot. Fumble fingered frasnaram.
        • You know you can delete those posts, right? There is a really faint white X in the upper right hand corner, which is almost invisible.

• Which would explain why I can't see it...

Anyhoo, thanks for the steer; I'll try to be more careful. OK, cleaned up my mess.

Next?
This reply was deleted.