Neck though corner

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried attaching the neck at a corner instead of the middle of a short side? If the neck goes through the box it would go in at one corner and then go out at the diagonally opposite corner.

(It is 00:13 am here and I am having stupid ideas instead of sleeping.)

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• An experienced guitarist who tried the flight bag guitar liked the way it sat on his lap and presented the neck at the right angle for playing. The sound is surprising considering it is shuch a short scale length to fit the bag.Probably because the ply used for the box is less than 3mm thick.

• The center-line concept is important to guitar building. However, there's no reason the center line needs to be centered within the box. It just need to be a line to work off of. You can have it diagonally, or off to one side. It really doesn't matter. I like seeing offset builds from time to time.

• This one was built to fit in carry on flight case10972582685?profile=RESIZE_710x

• How does it feel to play this guitar and how does the sound compare to normal CBGs?

• I have? Looks pretty kool, but it’s really awkward to get used to? If you search the site or look in the Pics section from way back, you’ll probably see some cbg’s like that?

This reply was deleted.