Replies

• Another thing I thought about. If you have jumbo or super jumbo frets that sit high off the fretboard, then pressing the string all the way to the fretboard can sharpen the notes when all that's needed is a lighter touch. My gas can CBG is that way. Wanted to be able to fret with a lighter touch and press harder for a slight note bend effect.

• Yep Paul..i..agree..n..understand that..but it did not fix it..

I'm wonderin if me bridge id too high..

It id nutted..by tha zero fret method..
    • Btw..thankyou both fer gittin back ta me...on it...
      • No problem. String height that is too high can produce sharp notes when fretted. Check the distance between the strings and the first fret to make sure the nut slots are at the right depth and then check at the last fret. Reasons it could be off at the last fret would be: bowed/ramped neck, incorrect neck angle or bridge is too high.

Got any pics?

• Justin Johnston explains it a lot better than I could:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPTQmyNbwpY

• You have to move the bridge slightly forward towards the neck because angling the neck downwards is actually moving the frets further away from the bridge and causes intonation problems(lengthening the overall scale). The greater the angle, the further the frets have moved.  Which is why your fretted notes are off. So moving the bridge forward will put everything back in it's place.

This reply was deleted.