Looking for a simple neck almost through cbg drawing. I'm looking for detail if possible on the string retainer area. I've never done that only all the way through. I have a tune-o-matic saddle/bridge so maybe that will help. How does the butt end of the guitar rest on? How is it stay in place please? Thank you.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 306568160?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• 306567827?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• If you are building an acoustic instrument then I would suggest having as little dampening of the top, by anything, other than the bridge, and that does not really have a dampening effect unless too big or heavy. Anyway, the bridge you mention is meant to be fitted to a solid body or arch top guitar. If you mount the metal bridge to a wooden base, like an arch top guitar, put a suitable brace under that area in the top. The tailpiece I would mount into a solid block glued to the butt end of the guitar. Without seeing your box (body) it's hard to give a foolproof plan. And I would imagine if using this type of bridge you are building with electric in mind.
    Cheers Taff
    • Thank you. I'd like it to be electric. It was a neck from a pretty low end electric guitar so I'm not sure there's too much to put into it...thought it worth a try as the guitar was not really playable the way it was originally. I think it was a first act guitar possibly.

Here's a pic of box but not a very good view. I'll try again to get better pics up

image.jpeg

• Hi Jon, I've used acoustic and electric necks many times in my builds, but never used an actual cigar box. I suppose the scale length of the neck and its position on body will plot the bridge and tailpiece positions on the box
        Taff
        • Here's another angle of the box. it's pretty sturdy/heavy but maybe not big enough...

image.jpeg

• you can always Frankenstein a neck-mounting-block to the outside of the box.

This reply was deleted.