Hi all, here are some photos of my latest build.

The back and sides are silky oak (not really an oak) reclaimed from 100 year old waldrobe door. The top and neck are New Guinee Rosewood. All 1/4 sawn. fingerboard is Ebony and the frets are gold evo frets.

It has a resonator piezo on the cone and a microphone inside, mixed at the pre amp.

Thanks for looking. Taff

Views: 583

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Taff,

Top quality guitar.

The Fishman preamp - is it one of the mic blend ones (presys 301)? If it is, how good is the mic on it? (I bought one off eBay last year but haven't used it yet).

Regards,

David L

Hi David, yes the one with the mic. You can fine tune the microphone separately, I have not done that yet, but it appears to work well. Because it's integrated into the EQ preamp body and that is in the side of the guitar it does transmit guitar knocks and bumps a bit. 

Taff

Thanks Taff :0)

Wow, that's gorgeous Taff, nice work!

mighty fine work  indeed.

So nice. I love resonators. I'm sad more people don't play them in a wider variety of styles. Resonators remain a good idea despite amplification.

Thanks for the comments guy's.

Potentially stupid question: Why are there double dots on the 15th and 19th fret on this one (and double dots on the 19th fret on your beauty, Taffy)? Is that a Dobro thing?

Beautiful build Taffonator

Hi Richard, thanks.

There are quite a few differences really, I think the colour makes them look the same.

some differences are: Mine is square neck, no truss rod but carbon fibre bars, round soundholes, solid Rosewood top not ply laminated maple and I used the Martin '000' shape body instead this time instead of the Dobro shape. 

Taff.

That's gorgeous Taff.

This is stunningly beautiful!

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 21. 11 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->