My First CBG

Hey guys..

this is my first post...so please bear with me.
Just wanted to upload the pics of my first CBG..Thanks for al the realy helpful threads and conversations which have made this loads of fun and relatively hassle free. 
Al parts have been found or 'acquired' for free  (as I believe is the way for is kind of thing)

All that is left is to wire up the piezo but sounding lovely as an acoustic baritone.

Once again Thank you CBNation for all the pointers..you have definately unleashed a monster..with more definately on the way.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• @ Crow.. Thanks for the comments..elegant...or jst solving a problem :O)

Crow said:
    very nice! i particularly like the cutaway for the 2nd tuner. very effective!!!! it allows your side-mounted tuner to line up right where you want it. elegant solution. BRAVO!
  • very nice! i particularly like the cutaway for the 2nd tuner. very effective!!!! it allows your side-mounted tuner to line up right where you want it. elegant solution. BRAVO!
  • HI Alan.. Sorry for the delay. have uploaded close ups of the tail piece

• Hey ALL.. Thanks for all the comments ...
    @ Stan Bryars..Steal away..That's how this whole things was built.! :)
    @ mungo park..sounds really bassy which is what I was wanting. The action is a little high but with some tinkering that can be easily sorted, works well as a slide though. The Bridge is the brass thing..I found a piece of Brass Bar hanging around so cut it in half and made some flats for the screws.
  • Great job, how's it sound.
    Is the bridge the brass thing at the bottom of the box.
    Cheers Ron.
  • I like the inset tuner also

I'll probably be stealing that sometime in the future
  • Very nice for a first build. I like the 2nd tuner inset on the headstock idea. Very timely art deco. Enjoy.
  • Very cool, liking the box, Chabis, goes good with a cigar I'm sure.
  • Hey Alan / Henry

Many thanks for the feedback.
    Will upload a close up ASAP..

Alan Roberts said:
    different take on how to place tuners on the peg head. You are really thinking outside the cigar box (rim shot. groans from crowd). I like what I see so far, but could you upload a closeup of the tailpiece?
  • different take on how to place tuners on the peg head. You are really thinking outside the cigar box (rim shot. groans from crowd). I like what I see so far, but could you upload a closeup of the tailpiece?
This reply was deleted.