My first CBG

Made it today in a few hours. Still need to add some sound hole covers or grommets. Looking forward to learning how to play her. I guess I need to go get a slide now. Critiques welcomed!

I apologize, but I haven't figured out how to rotate a picture on here.

IMG_20191222_175051.jpg

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Looks great. Whens #2!

• So I added some covers to the sound holes. I went to the local Goodwill and found some curtains with these grommets in them. 5 bucks scored me over a dozen of these things. I think they came out pretty cool looking. I might try to glue some screening or lattice work behind them on a future build. Guitar#2 isn't far behind!3792986911?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Cool beans!
  • Thanks everyone for the views and the comments. I have the materials to make another, minus the tuners and pickup. I might go for a fretted version next. Tim, you're right. This is a blast and I might just have as much, if not more, fun making them than playing them. I did give her a go last night, using a deep well socket for a slide. The slide was a bit on the heavy side, but it did allow for me to get an idea of what she's going to sound like. 

• Good effort

• Nice work! I am still getting up the gumption to make a slider. I am stuck on acoustics myself for some reason.
  • It's a blast isn't it? Just finished my first one myself about a week ago. Already have 2 more in the works. I think that it can become addictive. Have 10 more boxes that will someday grow up to become guitars. I may have to actually learn how to play. In the meantime I'll just give them away to share the happiness.
  • Picture orientation is fine. Congratulations, you’ve built yourself a slider, now get over to the hardware store & get some copper pipe! or make one of these : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQxQqR70CVw&t=9s

This reply was deleted.