Hey All, I would like to thank you all very much for ruining my life. I can not sleep now without thinking of these darn things and how to make my next one better. Im currently on my 4th, (built the first one Friday...you do the math...lol) which is much better, but cant take a picture at the moment. Here is my original prototype, then the resulting CBG that came together the next day. PROTOTYPE

FIRST BUILD

Wish I would have kept it a four string, but the newest one is gona take care of that. That one has a "Dimebag Darryl" bridge humbucker in a not so bridge spot. It sounds freaking awesome. Just hearing it, it doesn't sound like a CBG tho. I have used piezos since. The newest build has some neat features. - piezo bridge + humbucker neck with a blend knob! - 1x2 neck with 1/4x2 fingerboard. (havent commited to putting fret on it tho. Just there to help with string angle at headstock and flushing out with lid of cigar box) - Sink drain covers over holes at top and bottom (neck end) of CGB for a little acoustic action even tho it is meant to be plugged in. I have ideas flowing out of me so fast I can't get anything else done! Dang you all!!!!!

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm with 'ya Randy, I am working on my first and am already contemplating my second. The crazy thing is I don't even know how to play yet. I shall remedy that after I build my first. Got into this stuff when I was pricing National Tri-cone dobros, $2,000 for a good one. Cigar box guitars sound better!
  • Looks great Randy! Welcome aboard.... the addiction will only get worse.... and more expensive..... and more time consuming! But it is all woth it when you string a new one up and rake the pick across those strings for the first time!
  • Great, I needed to loose a few pounds anyway! Two birds with one stone...

Jkevn said:
    I would like to be the first to tell you I am sorry......but I am not. Welcome to the addiction! The more people wallowing in this misery...the better.
    Very nice build on yer first.....when you start taking a lil off the grocery budget for parts...you'll know yer there....
  • I would like to be the first to tell you I am sorry......but I am not. Welcome to the addiction! The more people wallowing in this misery...the better.
    Very nice build on yer first.....when you start taking a lil off the grocery budget for parts...you'll know yer there....
This reply was deleted.