First coffe tin one string canjo

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaBXU9K11Pk

Whisky box guitar:

And plywood box 3 string guitar (still in progress):

Of course, it's not really CIGAR box guitars, but I hope, that you like it :)

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Very creative! Like the video too.
  • Nice!!!!!
  • Love it! Especially the "tree trunk"!

Dmitry N Ivanov said:
  • This is spectacular. Who the hell cares if it is "technically" a cigar box. Very nice idea and build. You just gave me a great idea!
  • Some video with my CBG sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbKgJyWJPwY
  • Mark aka. Junk Box Instruments said:
    Sounds to me like that first sample you posted ("riff.wav") might have been suffering from a problem with a mismatch between the piezo and whatever it was plugged into (amp? DI?).
    I still can't tune Guitar Rig for better sound... With usual amp guitar have perfect voice. Amp in progress...

Video with true sound will be when me and maestro Burnus will go moped tripping.

• Just seen your YouTube vid. Wow! Huge sound out of a small instrument.
  • Sounds to me like that first sample you posted ("riff.wav") might have been suffering from a problem with a mismatch between the piezo and whatever it was plugged into (amp? DI?). I reckon that instrument might have the possibility of better sounds. Even so, I think there's something interesting coming through. Also, really beautiful work on the soundboard of that 3-string. I'd love to hear that one.

Aluminium makes perfect sense as a neck material: Didn't Travis Bean and Kramer make aluminium-necked guitars that were known for having a good sound? And I believe EGC in Florida also makes aluminium guitars.

As for...
    Maestro Burnus playing "Viva Vodka" on Whisky box guitar

...that is a truly unique performance!
  • like it? i love it! Great idea,iwas wondering why there are not some alum neckers in here. nice contrast w/the classic box look.
This reply was deleted.