Replies

• add two same as Jaw and scott

• As Jawbone said, two wired together as he suggested in parallel will take the harshness out of the sound. Others prefer wiring in series for more output.

Yes, you can do multiple single or paired piezos, located in different spots in the box/on neck/etc. and direct those through a 3 or 5 way switch. But I would guess, due to the nature of piezos reacting to vibrations, and the box being small, that the differences between the different locations would be hard to tell apart. The reason magnetic pickups in a Strat-like setup sound different are because of location beneath the strings and the different winding/output of those pickups in those specific locations.

And as sensitive to vibrations that piezos are, they pick up all vibrations, no matter where they are in the box.

But, this is just an observation. Experiment and see what works for you. Cheers.

• I've never used a switch but I always use 2 piezos, wired parallel, reds together, blacks together - it takes the harshness out.
    Others here have way more info - they'll jump in soon !!

This reply was deleted.