You probably have seen Shelley Rickey's cigar box uke video before.  Now she's back with a plastic bucket washtub bass in the band, The Mourning Glories.  This Rotterdam trio delivers some pure voodoo 3-part vocals and Deep South sound (Rickey is originally from Mississippi).

SOURCE:  MOURNING GLORIES OFFICIAL FACEBOOK

Related:  How to Electrify a Washtub Bass - by Shane Speal, GuitarWorld.com

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nice work ladies - I enjoyed that!

• Really like this one. Shelley and the girls have a great old school sound and I love the vocal harmonies. I look forward to hearing more :-)

• Ladies,

As someone who actually served 20 consecutive years locked up in the Texas prison system, your tune would be warmly received by those who are still behind the miles of razor wire :-) 

43rd Shamrock :-)

• Anybody locked up in a Texas prison system could surely use some song. Always happy to do a 'jailbird concert'. : )

• Great sound, Mourning Glories - really like your attitude and lo-fi awesome!

• Dig it. Perfect and pure fun. Nice vid too. 

Cool stuff, thanks.

• Great stuff,i've been a fan of C W's stuff for years,you certainly do it justice

• Thanks Darryl. We adore CW too. That was our biggest fear... that he wouldn't be pleased. But, he has since sent us a message saying he liked it and even added it to his YouTube page. Very cool. Thanks again. : )

• Excellent trio. ;)

• Very good ;)

This reply was deleted.