Hi, under the chrome cover is my new pickup experiment. It going into a resonator style CBG, you can just see the hookup wires sticking out. I have not wax potted it yet as I have a bit more work to do. Its what I would call a Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Bucker, bucker, bucker, bucker.

It could be 32 single coils or 16 humbuckers, I have not worked out the wiring yet. I've got a 2000watt pa to test it through, and Ill be doing that out in the garden, after taping up the windows.

Early tests are promising.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I didn't get much from my "Hand Drill Motor" pickup used in my "Plumbers Challenge" build. The bigger gauged wire requires more electrical current than you want to handle or use some transformers like the low inductance pickups use.

• Love to see the wiring diagram! Has some a similar layout to a low rpm dc generator, so cool!!!!

• Hi, ok pick I confess, I'm not going to use it as a pickup I was only joking. Sorry guy's.

Although it does pick up and sound through the amp when tapped with a screwdriver, I think I'd need pretty heavy strings to generate enough energy using those heavy coil windings to make music. 

Taff

• Nice washing machine motor .  If you  end  up with something you like , you can downsize it with a cd drive motor . May be more practical for  cbgs . or diddlys .

306726016?profile=original

• Please video record the experiment

• No! Don't record a video Taff.

If the prosecuting attorney gets a hold of it you're finished.

:D

• Sorry I hit the wrong button here are the rest of the photos, all classified of course.............

306725450?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024 306726014?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024 Hearing protection must be worn Taff

• Most Excellent.,., That is a great project .,.,.,very curious about your results.,.,

• you are going to need a flux capacitor on the tone circuit Taffy...

This reply was deleted.