So I have a request from a musician to make a CBG with a piezo preamp and a single pole magnetic. I cannot figure out how to wire this as the preamp has a input jack already attached as does the magnetic pick up. I am a visual learner so pics or videos would help. Also wondering if a under the saddle piezo would be better? I have read that these can be bad for sound and feed back when mixed with magnetics. I should mention that I like the idea of a 3 way switch and one input.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Robbie.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Search Fender Deluxe Power Stratocaster, it mixed 3 pickups & a Fishman Power Bridge, which is loaded with piezos in the saddles. It has a lone preamp circuit & blends in via 5 way switch. I actually miss having that combo, it sounds awesome( I’m not fan of disc piezos) but this sounds nothing like it. You might be able to muster up a schematic from Fenders site? It is do-able, so good luck

• You need a preamp that will accommodate both. The less expensive preamps will not be equipped to handle both. It needs the inner circuitry to handle 2 pickups with impedance mismatch. 

This reply was deleted.