I've got the Deville Hot-Rod Mini-Humbuckers from CB Gitty and am getting ready to wire them up. I'm using a 3 way switch 1 volume, 2 tone. I've got a wiring diagram I like for the set up

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/WD2HH3T12_00/Guitar-Wiring-Diagam-w-2-Humbuckers3-Way-Toggle-Switch1-Volume2-Tones.html

So now my problem is which wires are which. CB Gitty's diagram for them labels the wires as outside and inside and their color, so what does this translate into for North start South start North finish South finish in the diagram? I'm hoping someone who has used these can help me figure this out.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 306364193?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024Well there it is. Don't make much sense to me looking at it but it makes a good sounding guitar :D

• Ok, that makes a lot more sense for me than what it said on CB Gitty. I needed that extra little bit of explanation.

• Unless you're adding a "coil-tap" feature with push-pull potentiometers, its pretty easy. For each pickup, just solder the red & white together and either wrap with electrical tape or seal with shrink tubing to eliminate the chance of the wires touching other metal parts inside and grounding out.  Connect black to ground ( negative) and green as your pickup signal (positive) out to the toggle switch. (note: don't solder both reds & whites together in a group of 4 wires, just do this step for each individual pickup). Once this is done, and each green signal wire is connected to the 3 way switch, its just a matter of finishing your volume & potentiometer wiring and thru to the jack.

Good luck

This reply was deleted.