Microphones

I've got two microphones that I think might work for mounting in a CBG. One I took out of a disgarded cordless microphone, and the other is from an old computer headset/microphone. I wired the cordless number to a cable with test leads and it's definitely "live", but I can only just barely hear it through my little Honeytone amp. Would I need a pre-amp of some sort to make these work? Add a battery to the system?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's most likely an impedance matching problem. That mic is probably a low impedance mic and the amp has a high impedance input. That will drastically cut down the mic signal. So the real solution is an impedance matching transformer. Low to High. Radio shack has em. $20ish? If you need more gain you can hook up a preamp after you get the impedance issue resolved.
  • I've used a couple of cordless mics from old phones too.
    I think your right about the preamp,as that was the only way I could get nuff volume.
    I Do have a good time when using the CBG by holding it up talking INTO the guitar,saying ,,,,,
    "SPILL on isle 5,and other such stuff,when I'm doing a public thing.
  • Sounds like a good guess to me. I've got a wireless lapel style mic that was thrown away that I was thinking about doing the same thing with. I was thinking of using it in a resonator to capture the real sound of the instrument. Good luck. I'd like to know how it works out.
This reply was deleted.