Matching CBG and amp

I finished up my La Aurora CBG, which I think is Number 4. I need to get the piezo for it and give it a whirl with the amp and see how she sounds. I may have some string rattle at the nut to resolve. This was my first go at using a bolt for the nut. I built the saddle/bridge from a scrap piece of red oak, with a finishing nail embedded in it. It may be a bit high yet, so I might have to sand it down and lower it some. I posted some pics on the main page here.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wes Yates said:
    How much did this all cost you to make (sans the box)? My calcs from radioshack.com have this at about $30 for just the parts.

Iggy said:
    Wes Yates said:
    So on this amp, one knob is volume. The other is gain? or tone?

The left knob is a pot for gain, the right one is a rheostat for volume.

Well, I had planned on keeping track of how much it cost...but I sort of got sidetracked along the way. The box was free, the speaker was free, and I only paid 2 bucks for the 9v power supply at the flea market. So, I really only paid for the perf board and the electronic parts. I think it might be in the vicinity of 20 bucks or so...I dunno for sure. I suppose if I really wanted to know, I could go through my receipts.
  • How much did this all cost you to make (sans the box)? My calcs from radioshack.com have this at about $30 for just the parts.

Iggy said:
    Wes Yates said:

• Wes Yates said:

• So on this amp, one knob is volume. The other is gain? or tone?
This reply was deleted.