Resolve to respond to vids pictures reach out to new friend post more and respond to 6 things a week

Views: 845

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well  i  for  one  ,(  usually  very  busy  in  orders) ,   always  try  and  find  time to   comment  on someones  post  , or  in  chat  .  be  it  a new  member  or  an old   friend  on here  with  words  of  encouragement  ..  even  if  it   just a  quick  "yup"  ,  kewl  "   or even  just a smiley  .

why  ?   simply  because  i  appreciate  the time  people  take  to  comment  on  my  stuff  , and i  know  the  feeling  it    gives and the drive  it  invokes  .   however  ..  after  doing  so   a few  times , if   these are the  types  that  don't   comment   back  ,    comment  on mine  , or    even  bother  to  acknowledge their  own  postings /  replys  ,  i  skip  by  them  and    devote  the  time  to  those that   do  and  appreciate  it  . 

but  ,.  . i  no longer   answer  too many  questions  in discussion  etc...  on  here   because.  let's  be honest  ..  someone  is basically asking  Coke and Pepsi  what  drink   they should supply at their  party  ..  and the answers sometimes  turn  into a pissing  contest   of  builder  competition .   some  even  offer   bad advice      only  to counter  what  other  builders  do  ,  or   what they    don't do  ..  or  to  get them  to  do    other stuff  besides  what they  do  to avoid  more competition .  its  really sad  . and silly  . 

there  is also    the  issue   of  wording  your  answers  correctly   , mindful  of  what others     do  or  use  . 

for instance   if you   say  " open  turners  suck "  ..  then  every  builder that  uses them   will  jump  in and defend them  especially   if they  sell  their  guits   with  them on. ..  such  statements should  be worded as  "   open  tuners  usually   work   great  when installed  properly      but  ,  closed  tuners   are  more  forgiving  "    etc etc  ..

this need  to  pussy foot around   and spend the time    to  properly  word things   seems  pointless when  someone else  does not  bother , or  purposely inserts  digs  and b.s.     and the  thread turns to shit anyway  .

gitty seems  to  have a  good  info  site  in  the making  that  would  avoid  the pissing contest  comments    opportunities.  it  almost  seems  more  logical ,  yet    you  lose the  multi  views and opinions   . which  can  be  valuable  when    free  of  b.s. popularity  contests . 

but  i will  continue  to  hand out  cookies and  stars to folks  here  in  chat  and  on  comments   and anyway  i  can ..  it  indeed     envokes encouragement  and  inspiration   , and    its downright  fun  and rewarding  .

this  is   show and tell  for  grownups    ;-)

Agree whole heartedly with your comments.. I belong to a couple of Guitar Fourms and the dumbest questions keep being asked day after day. like what kind of strings should I use on my xxxx... what is the best guitar. etc etc. then they all turn into a three page list of crap that has been repeated over and over again. Hopefully this site won't become like that as it gets pretty boring quickly.. tks for listening..

G

the   simple  questions are  usually  harmless in of themselves   and indeed  welcomed   .  in a  perfect world  the  last    folks   to get that  answer  would  pass  it  down  to  the  next   that asks ,  and  it  creates a  helpful   self fed info  chain  . avoiding repetitiveness in one or a few  posters. 

but the ambulance chasers  and ego strokers   rushing in  to compare  /  compete . / complain. or  bash . is   the turn off  , and  honestly  discouraging to all.

that's what i'm saying anyway . 

That's just it.  We all had those questions at one time and generally, someone answered them for us.  Now we answer then for the newer folks.   It's turtles all the way down.

yup ;-)

I think I started my own disunion monster uncle john

I think the nation never stopped being a social network.It has its highs and lows. Depending on what topic, group or forum we inter, we sometimes excite a big a response of interest or for what ever reason the topic recedes.

However, there is something alive in my basement, my laboratory of boxes, frets and wire. It lurks there for a power source to break from it's chains. Awaiting the perfect storm to charge it's spare body parts. So that on that glorious day I can proudly yell, IT"S ALIVE!

Anyway, I think 2015 will unveil new ideas and invoke creativity among members. A stampede of builders & music enthusiast. : )

Open tuners suck. >:-E

C'mon, you were all waiting for it. Especially pick ;-)

Terry Pratchett does not suck. But he can't play a CBG. Discuss.

lol  ..  someone  beat  ya too it  in an email  ron  ..  but  ya  get  bravery  points  still  ;-)

I'm on here every day just about.

and there are always at least 5 to 10 members on what ever time you log in.

I've been a member on quite few forums over the years(mainly motorbikes) and never found any as active as this one.

talking of uncle john I'm an uncle john to but not on here! oh there can't be two of us now can there.

I did consider grumpy old git but I didn't want to give the wrong impression that I'm grumpy all the time just now and again.

and I do like ta tas affectionately know as fun bags and who doesn't.

(. .)

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 21. 11 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Latest Activity

smilingdog1 commented on 3 String Blues's video
35 minutes ago
smilingdog1 liked 3 String Blues's video
36 minutes ago
smilingdog1 liked Glenn Kaiser's video
38 minutes ago
Doug Thorsvik posted a video

Hail the Resurrection Day: 2-String Violin Chugger Cigar Box Guitar

Cigar Box Guitar Slingers - Spokane, 195th Zoom Mtg 03/25/24. Only 1-finger chords, free songbooks here: https://www.cbgslinger.com/download CBG SOF Songbook...
2 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

Im Troubled (Tribute) Mc K Morganfield by BCB - A.D .Eker 2024.

"Thank you Poorness ! for loving it ! appreciated!"
18 hours ago
Southern Ray replied to Timothy Hunter's discussion just came accross this pickup idea on youtube.
" Very interesting. Thank you Timothy!"
18 hours ago
Kent Thurston updated their profile
19 hours ago
Southern Ray posted a photo

Punch Project!

She now sports gold metal CBGitty knobs, speaker and an Artec 2.5 watt speaker. Finished this in…
20 hours ago
Southern Ray posted a photo

Project Punch!

Gonna finally get back on this long-delayed project that is more than half complete. (The matching…
20 hours ago
Poorness Studios liked A.D.EKER's video
22 hours ago
BrianQ. left a comment for Rob (Uker) Porras
"Hope this helps?"
22 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Dueling Flatheads

"I appreciate the kind words Papa D! I have always loved the look of these cigar boxes. Glad to have…"
yesterday

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->