Hi to all... ;-)
I saw some pics of CBG with mag pickup (singlecoil), where the pup was mounted under the soundboard. The coils where extended with screws or so, so only this screw heads (or other "extensions") can be seen. Do someone have some tips about this? Which material is the best for the extensions? ...? Every help is highly welcome ;-)
THNX

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The Taylor T5Z acoustic/electric guitars have a Humbucking pickup buried in the neck pocket. Would love to see some detailed plans on one of those.

• I have a few very high output pickups. Aways wanted to put them completely under the wood. Might be the only way to make em sound good. : )

• One of these days I plan to put a lipstick tube pickup under the board of my Cedar Acoustic CBG. Was hoping for a subdued pickup to play nice with the acoustic strings.

• Magnetic pickups will pickup the vibrations of the wood and transfer them to signal, so they can be mounted under the soundboard.

If the pickup used is wax potted, the results will be dulled or low output because they are less microphonic.

If you use a single coil pickup, you can have problems with feedback and squeal that will require shielding.

Drilling small holes for the pickup's poles to"peak through the top" can give the pickup better performance.

• Magnetic pickups changes the vibration of the steel strings into a signal, not the vibrations of wood...

• Just about any ferrous, [magnetic] material should do the job Reynhard, i used just a strip of steel on this one

DSCF1054

• Looks great! How do you fix the strip of steel to the pup?

• It's not fixed, the bar just sits in the slot, and is held by the magnetic pup, if you want to lower the pick up, just file a bit off the bar, if you want to raise it, cut a new bar, but higher

This reply was deleted.