Anyone out there have any simple, homegrown storage ideas?  I have four cbgs hanging on my office wall, one above a doorway in the "craft room" a uke on a table, and two more stuffed in corners where hopefully when the dogs are roughousing, they will not get snapped.  I have given a bunch away, but the cbgs around here just keep multiplying.  

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• leave em lying around the house. its nice to always have a gitty within reach. 

• The thought process for me is to not have the house look like the local music store keep having offspring with the local cigar store.  I also do some furniture making and a good deal of woodcarving.  I'm getting overrun with completed projects.  I figured if I bought a small house with a small yard, that I wouldn't fill it with crap that I bought.  Well, now I'm filling it with crap that I make.  

• There is no spoon
      • Warning! The cougar microbes approach!"
    • Easy-peasy. If you make furniture, carve, and build CBGs, then you have all the skills and tools to build a separate man cave. You weren't really gonna mow that back yard, were ya?
  • Get Longest wood shelf that will fit in car/ truck use rake / shovel hooks like suspect device used then screw the whole thing to a wall( in the studs). This way you only put 4 holes in wall not 2 per hook x how many guitars you have. And I 2nd what The Phrygian Kid said.

image.jpg

• Put the dogs outside.

Break the table up for neck wood.

Doorway? That means walls. Get rid of all the walls.

240988160?profile=RESIZE_480x480

• you're asking  me  ?    i tripped  over    54   and bumped  my  head    on  6    trying to  get the  the computer  .   ;-)

• You could build cases for all your cbgs.. (boxes for your boxes.) But if you mean to display them... for horizontal hanging on a wall, a couple of long, L-shaped screws works well. I have some of mine displayed that way at some retail places. It looks nice, and you can barely see the screws. For vertical hanging, I put together these wood-backed dealies, made with rake hooks/tool hangers. They work great if your head stocks have wings.306082954?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• *snort*
    You honestly think FOUR is a problem???
    Report back to me in two and a half years eh?
This reply was deleted.