Hi, I'm looking for information on the CB Gitty 3-string guitar kit, but the stuff I'm trying to find out isn't available on their store site. I am a musician but I've never built a cigar box guitar before, I've been thinking about doing it for years and it seems like a good time to give it a try now and spend some time making it the way I want it. I may not be very familiar with the crafting side of this but I do have a pretty good idea of what I'm looking for in an instrument.

I want a build with a magnetic pickup but there's not a lot of information about it on their site. Does the magnetic pickup option have  tone and volume pots or is it straight-wired? If I want to use a different option from their site that has the pots, if I change the kit to 'no electronics' will I receive acoustic strings instead of steel? For that matter, what are the sizes of the strings that come with the kit?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Aha. So it does have tone pots! Cool, that is the big thing I was interested in.

• It comes with this Magnetic combo: https://www.cbgitty.com/guitar-instrument-parts/cigar-box-guitar-pa...

• Send them an email, you wanna talk to Nick Lanciano. He’s the guy at cb gitty with all the answers? Which 3 string kit, there’s more than a couple? If you scroll down to the bottom right of the page there’s the “cigarboxguitars.com archives, there’s a bunch of info about cbg’s including pickups, pots, strings, etc.

• I mean this kit, sorry CB Gitty link

I did send them an email but did not receive a response. Perhaps I sent an email to the wrong place?

This reply was deleted.