Lonman's Regal 200

Here is the Regal. After I repaired the cracks, I felt the finish on the top needed sanded to help hide the repair and new finish. I sanded off the painted white border that was around the hole and body. Then decided I did like the look, but the rest of the guitar needed sanded as well to match. I still like the look and I am using teak oil on it. The loose pieces inside the body and the top are re-glued, so I accomplished what I wanted to do. I know this might have been a total bust in some of people eyes, but that is cool. I respect your thoughts. I was not looking for a professional re-do but now after the sanding, I like the worn look it appears to have. I am making a new nut for it. I have all the original hardware in good working order so will be re-attaching them as they still are, patina and some rust. I'll oil the keys a little. The fretboard needs oiled again, I oiled it a few weeks ago and I think it may be happier with a bit more. Any ideas on what strings to put on. I was thinking light acoustic bronze/phos. This was a fun guitar to play before, so I am looking forward to the end result.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Looking good Lon!

This reply was deleted.