Hello. I have a couple of questions for the LPG guys out there. 1: Is anyone up for trading license plates? I have a bunch Maine lp's. I'm not looking to get rid of all of them but I'd like to maybe get a few different types. 2: I sometimes get a buzz on my LPG. I've screws down the top plate pretty well. I think it's the bolt and nuts I use as a bridge. It's held on with Gorilla Super Glue. Any suggestions? Thanks

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Brian, let's do one for one. I'll send the 2 you requested and you can send me the 690-164 and 794-935. I'll send a friend request and we can exchange addresses there and just mail them. The post office should have an envelope that will work that won't cost too much to send them.

• 306471643?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024Brian here is what I have to trade let me know if you're interested.

• Hey Gary. I'm digging that black and yellow one from '69 and the "164 jx9". How would you want to do the trade? One for one? 2 for one 'cuz yours is older? Let me know.
  • Here are the plates I have for trade. Anyone interested?

image.jpg

• It sounds to me like we need to setup a larger exchange...  Though I think Brian would get first dibs...  If everybody is interested, I could setup a spreadsheet on Google Docs..  It would be unmoderated, so there's some risk, but I have seen it work on other forums.  The basic rules would be:  Somebody would add a seed item to the list, (I could do that). and be willing to ship it somewhere in the USA for free.  Once that item was shipped, The recipient would add one to the sheet, and somebody would claim it.  The cycle would then repeat.

In my case, The seed unit would be free, with no expectation of a return, so I'd claim my first, and ship a second plate...  

I would NOT be moderating the list... it would have to run as a thread with community policing and cleanup...  Thoughts?

• I have a couple AZ '70's plates I'd trade.

I like that buzz,its part of the fun of a plate'r.

sorry if I'm talking ish,but I have one from the 20's,plus a bunch of 60's/70's.

• True. I find that a certain amount of buzz does add to it. It almost sounds like distortion. Sometimes,though, all I can hear is the buzz and drives me nuts!
      I can get a pic of the plates I have up and then let me know if you're interested in a trade.
  • I found that if you put a nut against the head on a 1/4" bolt, the screw head contacts the lid, and the nut just vibrates... A drop of superglue on the threads fixes it...
    • Oh, and I have a couple of recent CA plates, I'd be willing to trade...

• I'll get a pic of some I have and send it to you and see what you think.

This reply was deleted.