Replies

• Again not plans but some photos of a build I recently did

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/photo/albums/the-cowboy-themed-guitar...

there is also an album of the finished article in my albums as well
  • There are some on ebay that are pretty cheap.

Jason Konopinski said:
    Jerryrig240 said:
    I can get the box part, I was just worried about the neck.....where it goes in the box....I have some plans in my head for one though.....just need some darn plates.. License plate prices are insane! At a local antique shop yester day, 3 plates were going to run me 25 bucks! I ended up with just one for 5 bucks, but man.....that is crazy!

Here's how I picture the logistics of building a license plate guitar. The neck will still be a pass-through design as with a standard CBG. The license plate will just serve as the resonator instead of the lid of the cigar box. Cut a number of sound holes into the lid of the cigar box (which you've already done, it seems) and mount the plate over the top. I think I'd want the bridge over the plate instead of behind it at the tail end of the box.

I'm just brainstorming ideas, so I could be way off.
  • I put out a call on our company bulletin board at work for plates for several different states the other day.I too am having problems finding affordable plates to make a few builds cost effective.If I have to pay too much for a plate then that build is out the window.
    Normally I have old plates of mine laying around in the car trunk, the shed etc, but not this time,,,
  • Jerryrig240 said:
    I can get the box part, I was just worried about the neck.....where it goes in the box....I have some plans in my head for one though.....just need some darn plates.. License plate prices are insane! At a local antique shop yester day, 3 plates were going to run me 25 bucks! I ended up with just one for 5 bucks, but man.....that is crazy!

Here's how I picture the logistics of building a license plate guitar. The neck will still be a pass-through design as with a standard CBG. The license plate will just serve as the resonator instead of the lid of the cigar box. Cut a number of sound holes into the lid of the cigar box (which you've already done, it seems) and mount the plate over the top. I think I'd want the bridge over the plate instead of behind it at the tail end of the box.

I'm just brainstorming ideas, so I could be way off.
  • I can get the box part, I was just worried about the neck.....where it goes in the box....I have some plans in my head for one though.....just need some darn plates.. License plate prices are insane! At a local antique shop yester day, 3 plates were going to run me 25 bucks! I ended up with just one for 5 bucks, but man.....that is crazy!
  • Just build yaself a box same dimensions as the plate, then build it the same as you would a Cigar box guitar :o)
  • Not plans, but lots of photos: http://www.cigarboxnation.com/profile/DarrenBigDaddyDukes
This reply was deleted.