Hey everybody. 

I've been hoping, since I started this addiction, to build an LPG, but just can't seem to find a decently priced one when I had the cash at hand. I hope to soon find one, but it appears the price of these things have doubled in about a year and a half. I am looking for a 1958 Louisiana plate. Doesn't matter if it's for  a truck, tractor, etc. I do not want one for a trailer or mobile home, though. Anyone here know of a good place to find such a thing, of course, for a decent price? Ebay has gone stark, raving, mad.

Thank you for any ideas,

Ray

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Where are you located Ray? I found mine recently at a flea market for about $3. Saw many that were more expensive but this one fit the need.

•  Cool that you found what you needed, MadGomer. A member has fixed me up with something nice to keep me busy. Thanks!

•  Not that I know of, Paul... 

Not yet.
  •  Taffy, that is really sharp. ?! Now ya gone and done it. Got another thing to look into while I look for the right plate. 

Thank you!

Ray

• I keep all of my old plates, so I have my own stash.

Check with your neighbors to see if they have any they would like to get rid of.

•  The state of confusion, the state I live in currently, forces surrender of the plates when done with them. Thank you for the idea about the neighbors... Might do that.

Thanks!
      • Got any friends in the Big House? LOL

• Hi Ray, this is possibly not an idea that suits you, but.

What about, until you find the real deal, print one onto the front of the planned guitar. There are plenty of tutorials on the web that show how to transfer photos to wood. I was playing with the idea, here is one of my experiments.
    8644135263?profile=RESIZE_710x
    Cheers Taff

• Looks great.

• Can try Craig’s or Facebook, look up zip code for a central area and search a large radius.

it seems the state and year have special meaning but you could build with another plate and swap when you strike gold.

This reply was deleted.