Replies

• Ha.  I have more than few TN plates.  

• I know it's late but for some reason the gremlins aren't getting in 9726948895?profile=RESIZE_710xthe way today

• Found it! Actually sounds pretty good for what it is, or maybe it’s just who’s playing it that makes it sound good?

https://youtu.be/GxklTKUrqJI

• Hi guy's, some time back I pondered the same ideas put forward here. a tin top as described here would sound bad, to my ears. Also, a tin licence plate fitted to a wood top could be a bit better but acoustically challenged as well.

9631681064?profile=RESIZE_710xNotice I opened up the soundholes for better volume and tone.
    9631681657?profile=RESIZE_710x

So, what I did was to mount the licence plate off of the top with spacers so the wood top is free to vibrate. I cut a hole in the plate for the bridge to sit on the top itself. play well acoustically but the sound/tone was still influenced by the plate on top. 

Taff

• I was noticing that C.B. Gitty’s “Rodeo king” has a license plate on top of the box, rather than the plate being the soundboard? You may want to try that instead? I believe there’s a video of Shane Speal playing one acoustic on their YouTube channel? 
    9631104472?profile=RESIZE_710x9631109271?profile=RESIZE_710x

• It did fail more than once

• Flatpup pickups are ideal for license plate git’s? I would suggest a lid off a paint can, the thickness & rigidity will give you more volume? Actually, some of the thicker food cans work quite well for acoustic resonators, especially Tuna & Corned beef cans? And they don’t cost much either? Good luck with your build  :)

This reply was deleted.