I just got my parts for my 1st CBG build and have a beautiful black finished wood box! Love it!

Anyway.., I like the label however., for my own purposes would like to remove the label safely without ruining the finish under it.  I may just leave it alone as is but really I want to add a black & white flying skull at the top which will (in my opinion) clash with the gold/burgundy label.  (Vintage series 1990 Signature collection, Rocky Patel)

The box naturally has some imperfections but not enough for me to worry about - but yeah - I'd like to remove the label without leaving adhesive behind or scraping it off. Or is it possible without ruining the finish?

THANKS in Advance for any advice. I'm stoked about getting started on this thing.. If its best to leave the label alone - so be it. The label itself will look great if I nix the flying skull. :-)

~ Dave

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRODUCT called BESTINE can get at hobby lobby/ hobby supply stores.WORKS GREAT AS STAMP COLLECTORS USE IT TO REMOVE STAMPS WITH OUT DAMAGE TO STAMP OR ITEM COMING OFF OF

• Awesome! Its amazing the different ways to remove labels - this goes on my list for sure. Thanks!

• Dave the Lighter Fluid is very gentile and wont affect the paint in my experience but test it on a small area first .Lighter Fluid is most usful after the paper part of the label is removed and you just trying to get that sticky glue left behind

• I use this stuff on sticky labels.

Label Remover

Basically it is lemon oil, so you could also use lemon oil/ fretboard oil.

• Lighter fluid take that residue off and wont affect the paper covering on the box

• Will the lighter fluid hurt the black paint finish under the label? Its a wood box with black painted surface. Thanks

• Try peeling it of slowing with your finger nails, it will leave the glue, but peanut butter should remove the glue no problem with out harming the finish.

• Cool! I never heard the peanut butter thing before but yeah - I'll give it a try. Hope I dont bother you too much. I know Newbees can be annoying sometimes - lol.

This reply was deleted.