Replies

• This might be one of those builds where a rod piezo in the bridge might be the ticket but I am just guessing.
  • Colin / Keni Lee - I was looking at lowes just yesterday at the same thing!  I'm starting to search at Good WIll and some antique dealers as well to find something with some character. 

My question (maybe this is the wrong place) is what type of pickup to use and where to put it with a lowe cone.  There are some nice pickups on ebay for cigar box guitars that have a piezo installed in a bridge, but I don't know if that is what you use with a resonator.  I have no idea how to do this - this is my first resonator cbg build.

colin mcgrath said:

that actually does make sense. I have no knowledge of those styles of guitars. I want to build one (prob. without the fancy correct resonator parts), and am thinking on parts to include. Thanks for the info. Oh and I have a nice door handle to use as well.
  • that actually does make sense. I have no knowledge of those styles of guitars. I want to build one (prob. without the fancy correct resonator parts), and am thinking on parts to include. Thanks for the info. Oh and I have a nice door handle to use as well.
  • Cones can be easily crushed and they are expensive. The cover adds protection. The piece across the bridge offers the same protection against accidentally pushing on the (biscuit or spider) bridge when playing the instrument. It also makes a handy place to rest the heel of your palm when playing. I hope this answers your question. Enjoy.
  • I always thought that is was for protecting the biscuit bridge from your hand as you play. I have never held or played one but it looks like my hand would rest close to the bridge if i played it. I don't have a whole lotta knowledge about dobros either. I also think with all of that chrome that if you could see the wood bridge it might take away from the bling factor. I've been looking at lowes and they have a lot of different decorative cabinet handles that I think would look cool covering the bridge of a cbg and it would keep my right hand from resting on top of the bridge which i tend to do sometimes.
This reply was deleted.