Just A Thought

Been a long time since a little contest took place here and I had an ideal the other day (it hurt too). Maybe a contest to see what people can build using an old wood pallet to make a guitar. Get a pallet, take a picture of it before you start and than the build when done. Box would have to be made from the pallet wood. This would have to be after the first of next year because we are all going to be too busy with the holidays between now an than. Anyone interested or do I I need to go back to thunk'n?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sounds good! Seen it done with Fender Telecasters, with wonderful results....
  • Bring it on
  • Just an FYI,

I was reading that something like 2 billion pallets are used in this country every year, obviously we should be recycling them into musical instruments, don't you think? (:>}
  • Sounds good, I'll try.
  • I will use my hands to turn my band saw on.
    Naz Nomad said:
    ... and to keep the comtest 'fair', hand tools only ... hehehe.
  • oh sorry about that.
    the sad thing is i dont have a planer so smothing the hard way is all i got. oh well thats life right.

Naz Nomad said:
    Tim, I was kidding ... even the thought of getting pallet-wood smooth without a sander is pretty horrific. :-)))
  • I just found a pallet in my barn that has some good hard wood and is reaaally old too then I saw this post!
    Actually I found a stack of about 10 on my barn looks to me like I can get about 4 necks out of each pallet.
    I have made stuff from pallet wood before and if you know which ones to look for there is some great wood in there.
  • power tools arnt cheating they are just a faster way to get to the end. plus a lot of us dont have all the hand tools nessasary to build a guitar. like a drill i have 4 or 5 of them laying around all power.

Naz Nomad said:
    ... and to keep the comtest 'fair', hand tools only ... hehehe.
  • I think I have some wood left over from my house build,,

• Sounds great to me. There is a van conversion place nearby that always has pallets out for the trash. After the new year though, as you said.
This reply was deleted.