Just a Hat's Off !!!

I'm pretty new at making anything with a string involved......especially multiple strings !! I've made three GBG's, (one 6 string reso and 2, 4 string boxes), so far and am pleased enough with my efforts to stop while ahead (heh-heh). I look at the photo's posted each day and am sometimes dumbfounded by the quality of what I see. To those of us less gifted and  pretty much make our boxes in a "cut and paste" fashion, congrat's we DID IT !! To those artist's that create a thing of beauty and utility keep em coming and thank you for posting the pic's.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Bluesheart and Ross are right, you may have bought all the nice bits but you have a great finished instrument that is a coherent whole

• Again, thank you guy's for the compliments....however, I didn't post this thread to get recognition, I did it cause there's some of us wannabee "artist's" that can apply a decal to something, and then there's the really good ones who can paint the scene instead, that's what I was trying to get across. I'm real happy with what I make, but I don'taspire to be any better, it's like, I'm a blacksmith that can make a knife, but I'm by no means a knifemaker!!!

• Ya but it takes a bit of creativity to pull parts that go together well and I gotta agree looks like you've done well so far.

• Bluesheart, thanx, but let's look at what I did, I had a box, I bought a neck off evilbay, bought the cone and "f" holes off of Old lowe, made some holes, took some measurements and slapped it all together. It's easy to make some thing pretty out of other pretty things, but to start from scratch???? Way beyond my powers, that's truly art!

• Hey Thumper, you are doing some nice stuff yourself. That reso is killer!

This reply was deleted.