Replies

• john has 5 dvd's on ebay on how to play etc.

with having 5 on it a bit off putting because I'm not sure which one to get. it appears all 5 are the same? am I right or is there a difference.

I just want to learn to play simple tune's using a slide and some fingering once I've manage to get the drift

of using a slide.

I don't intend to play in a group etc,just for personal pleasure. 

,my birthday is coming up soon so hopefully my lads will buy me it .

• "Understanding 3 String Blues and Slide Cigar Box Guitar" arrived yesterday. Well worth the Dollars, easy to follow and understand. A great complement to the info on Cigar Box nation.

• John's playing got me started both building and playing. I was just surfing the web one night and I couldn't believe the gritty bluesy sound. This music is both primitive and complex at the same time. I always buy what ever he puts out, and always satisfied...Marcus

• Mine is on its way, (Thanks WebWeaver) heard a lot about it, now lets try the pudding, "The proof is in", i want it as i seem to be stuck in a rut, getting fed up with everything sounding the same, especially the improvisations of known songs.

I want some of that ol Mississippi Delta blues, here in mid Bedfordshire lol.

• Just as Mark says, John's DVD is excellent. Keni Lee's CDs are fantastic too. They are so different that there is no conflict or overlap. The one thing I would say about John's DVD is that you really do need to play it over and over again (which he says that you should do on the disc). Let it get into your subconscious. Money well spent I feel.

• Listen to John's performing vids.  If you like them, buy the teaching vid.  It's not my style, but I still learned a lot from it.  And would buy it again.  Crap, I may have to buy it again.  I loaned it out.

As someone else said, not technical, but simple and useful and you just kind of play it a few times and absorb.

• I'm not sure how much I dig his style either, but he plays well and uses some interesting licks. I ordered it because I want to write original songs and can learn from his licks and approach, even if I don't want to copy his style. You can never have too much learning material.

• Hi Guys i am pretty new to all this, i am in the UK, i have no PayPal and no Ebay, so my question is this, is this available anywhere in the Uk, or if i send someone the Money could they even purchase for me.

Thanks

• If you can post here, you can use ebay and paypal, go to any bank and get a prepaid credit card.
      • Not so easy for him as he has health issues,  However I have sorted it out for him and he now has the DVD in his possession

This reply was deleted.