Replies

• I feel greatful to have found this site and a community that cares for the production of this great art form and a community, that I see, really care about each other.   That is what this site means to me, even though I’m new I have been graciously welcomed.   Thank you all

• On the one hand we have the desire as a group to dig in and find out how it works, share the knowledge, as evidenced by the EXTENSIVE thread on the induction pickup.

On the other hand we have a feeling of family and protectiveness toward each other, and that covers the folks that achieve making some decent coin at selling their wares, wanting to protect their profitability. 

We all tend to browse our esteemed sponsor's online shop for parts first before looking elsewhere if needs. 

Its a bit of a trick to find the comfortable path between the two, sharing as much as we can but still supporting those who sell i.e. we chat a lot about how to build for ourselves what gitty sells already built.

• JL,

I couldn't agree more, and you pretty well nailed it on the head. Before I continue, it's important for me to express a sincere apology to anyone who may have been irked at my response to the video, in that it has caused some very awful bantering, both offensive and defensive.

Being a member of Nation has been educational and life changing for me. It has given me a hobby that sometimes results in monetary return for the hard work put into a project.

But this is not why this place is important to me. I have created friendships with some very nice people who share similar views and passions.

Taking part in this site has also afforded the opportunity to learn when I was new, and to share and help when others are looking for answers once I had enough experience to warrant a reply.

So in closing, perhaps we can all agree that this issue is over and it's time to move on to sharing and caring.

Mmmmm-kay?

• Anyone notice the vid was published Aug. 2015

• I find these pissing matches so negative and pathetic, like seriously, people! None of this is rocket science, none of it is revolutionary, and none of it is worth even worrying about. I hate to break it to you, but it's kind of like looking back in time and watching cavemen arguing over someones right to a flint napping technique. You don't see arguments on spilled secrets to creating a great resonator cone, or different neck attachment techniques,, it's always about the freakin' pickups!!!!  How can people be so supportive of the rest of the building process but when it comes to pickups it's such a freakin' soap opera!

Rant done!

Happy New Year, everybody :D

Regan

• come on guy's.

• you'll be pleased to know joe's has stopped making them I ask him how much etc and this is his reply

Hi John,

Sorry but I don't make flatpick ups any more because I'm very busy with guitar building and woodworking.
    Thats why I made the tutorial . Cheers,Joës

I don't see flatpup in there do you?

honestly I don't know what all the fuss about one video its not even a complete from start to finish.

some of you need to grow up,nobody is infringing on anybody so called rights because there is no rights. this has rear its ugly head in the past and Ben had to step in and the way things are going .......... 

• Trademarks protect the identity of a product and producer

Patents protect a novel/unique design of a specific "thing" that is either the first of its kind or more innovative than an "expected evolution of the existing art"

Trade Secrets and Intellectual Property rights are legally respected protections of undocumented processes/procedures/materials/etc that are essential to the uniqueness of the patented item's production.

Copyrights protect the expression of an intangible idea (a story is the ideas contained in the writing, not the media it is published upon).

• Hesitant to comment again, but here goes, the chase for a thin/ultra thin pup was very evident here in my early days, Elmar nailed it, combined with grace and an admirable attitude, he shared his knowledge, and many experimented and found it to be a winner in action, as said by others, this IS  a forum for ideas, and expansion of those ideas, and long may it be so, but acknowledgement is a nice "tip your lid" to the originator

This reply was deleted.