I want to start adding old Tin Pan Alley songs to my repertoire, but was having trouble playing them on my 4-string.   The best solution was to create an F7 tuning that would enable me to hit those fun, jazzy chords.

The guitar is strung with ADGB strings from a pack of Southbound Strings Shane Speal Signatures.

Tuning:  F C Eb A (low to high)

Note: This video was first broadcast live on Cigar Box Nation TV.  To keep up to date on all our featured videos, go to www.Facebook.com/CigarBoxGuitar

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So smart!!!!!!!! thanks
  • Bravo Maestro

Hector

• I love it too!

i am sure you here this all the time but Thank YOU for sharing your love for music and the wonderful world of homemade instruments! It is a real blessing to all of us here at the nation!!!!

• My first CBG build sounded kinda dull tuned to G. So I tried this tuning and now it sounds a lot better. Thanks Shane

Let everybody learn from that lesson. Some guitars sound better with a different tuning. So try different tunings on your gits to find the right one.

• OOOOOoooo THAT sounds awesome. AWESOME! Got to play with. Ben having a blast with your double 5 tuning, ( or 1, 5, 9,) Now I have to play with this! Thanks for sharing! 

• Cool!

• thanks shane. it's always nice to add something new. thanks again.

Myke

This reply was deleted.