Its all in the detail....

Heya guys & gals, Hope all is well in the world workshop :o) So, to the problem. Seems like one of the main side affects of building CBGs (apart from spending too long in the shed - ask my missus, she'll tell you) is that you're always trying to up your game, maybe do something that you aint seen no-one else do yet. With this in mind, I found some really cool little plastic music notes - the plan being to set them in clear hard resin and use them as fret markers, so each marker had a little note in the middle. Trouble is, I cant find anything suitable to set them in. Iv tried clear epoxy resin, hot glue etc - no luck. I cant find anything that gives a smooth clear finish - everything I tried needs sanding back flush to the fretboard, and when I sand it, it goes opaque = no notes!! That or it sets full of air bubbles, even the quick set stuff. Anyone done this sort of thing before or got any ideas what I could try? I found something called Water Clear Casting Resin but dont have any experience with it, and I dont really want to buy 5 litres of it if its useless! Id love to get this to work - wouldnt it be cool to have the markers themed in each build? Cheers Nation

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• All righty! Thanks guys :o)
    Il be off to get some in the morning - il let you know how it goes...
  • im with Ted, lacquer works very well, dries fast too.
This reply was deleted.