Replies

• Thanks Richard, I ordered an string gauge tool yesterday. Thanks for your info, it will be helpful.
  • real nice, I like the added touch with the cigar wrapper at the peg head

• yes, he did a great job didn't he, and that's my favorite part as well. something so simple but profound.

• First off, gorgeous build, you look like you've been building them for years, not a first!

Be careful with making to much adjustment for your action at the nut, that's only a starting point, strings should be somewhere around .030 at the first fret, get yourself a string height gauge, and go ahead and measure at the nut, make necessary adjustments if needed.

height gauge

306674604?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

next, measure at the 12th fret, should not exceed 5/64, go as low as you can without buzzing, adjust your bridge for the majority of your string height issues. If still to high, you may need to reset your neck to box.

I noticed in one of your previous post on this build, (not sure how close to finish) you lacked what I would call sufficient bracing, my Fuente box with what I thought was sufficient bracing, actually bent(bowed slightly) under string tension and raised my action, it took a combination of making sure of proper box bracing(front to back on the sides and secure neck bracing) along with proper strings for the tuning I wanted as not to exert too much tension, to correct it on mine.

Hope this helps

Again, beautiful build, look forward to seeing more.

Rich

• Thanks Richard, I will check the string height today.  Neck is screwed in from the back and bridge is screwed thru the top into the neck.  

306674924?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Nice!

I am getting restarted on my first build, life got in the way... I have to figure out the notch in the neck to installed the pickup
  • That looks very nice, well done.

Taff

• Sweet!!!! Bet it sounds great!!!

• I need to lower the strings at the nut, I ordered a set of nut files today.  That will make it play better.

• Congrats Paul!

This reply was deleted.