Replies

• It also probably won't work until there's a pin from a cable plugged in the jack there.
    +10 for the bits of guitar still screwed to it
    • Well, there are two wires plus the ground coming from the jack - I didn't have a battery so I hooked up to a wall wart with a 9v adapter and tempo'ed a saddle with the rod on a CBG and gave it a go - real bad hum so I guess I'm not out of the woods yet.

• Did you get any sound from the piezo or just hum? The wall wart may be introducing the hum - a battery wouldn't have this problem.
        • Might have flipped the phase on the power too, remember this is direct current. Because the (-) side is sent thru the ground side of the jack for switching it off, I imagine putting the battery in backwards (which you cannot normally do because of the keyed form factor) would create howls for sure....
          • Yeah, I'm hoping it is because of the wall wart - but I don't have a battery right now - when I switch polarity it doesn't work (no led).

It seems to work, just very loud hum along with the amplification - I'll search around for a battery.

Thanx all.

• try flipping the phase from this wall wart if you can, maybe a huge improvement ;)

• Do you mean that I should turn the wall wart around ??  It has a polarity switch that when I switch the polarity the EQ doesn't work at all. I'm not sure I'm understanding the terminology.

• Well I wouldn't turn it around in the wall socket, that's dangerous..
                  But maybe clip the low voltage wires coming out and flip em yeah...

A lot of the ones I have interchangable connectors for the end, and they can be connected up to the adaptor in Either phase just by turning that connector over..
                  • I think the unit works fine - most of my problems were self inflicted - crappy amp, bare spots on the piezo rod, too close to the amp - all that "just testing" stuff.

Thanx for all the help - when left to my own devises I always think I'm getting somewhere ... then the smoke and sparks ...

• Isn't that what the little switch on the wall wart that changes polarity does ??

This reply was deleted.