Hi all!

I'm looking to make my own knobs, but I'm really struggling finding somewhere that sells the little inserts that secures the knob to a standard pot shaft.

Even those that have the grub-screws on the side will be fine.

Any ideas? I'm starting to go mad.  :/

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 306053732?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024
    Those bits arrived the other day, and here's the first result. The wood is a piece of mahogany from a pub table, and the copper tube is from a load found under my floorboards. :) The whole assembly fits really well, and now I have the measurements to source cheaper captive tubes and grubscrews etc. Result!

• Ron, I love you.

I've ordered a set, and in the meantime, I'll try the other ideas mentioned too.

Cheers pal!

• I always liked wooden ones, like ted crockers..
    Used scrap for a long time but found they always work loose over time
    Then one day for some reason I started making em from sticks turned on their end.
    Because the grain is radial it grips the post all the way around, and actually tightens over time, where with a bit of scrap the grain was linear and always had a weak side..
    ;)
    Eg
    351886c2.jpg
    (Look at the master volume, by the pickup, the stain makes the radial grain very apparent)
    06b665a1.jpg
    I personally consider this to have been te turning point with my knobs, where they started to really work. After the centre is drilled out I turn em on the sander by allowing it to spin on a drill bit I hold it on ;)
    • Christ-on-a-jetski they are NICE guitars!

• :) shucks..
        You just keep pushing yourself, trying new stuff, learn a little wee but with each one....
        Try it with a good hard stick turned on its end, works great
  • I just use a spot of glue Mojobone Works - " Skull n Crossbones " control knob

• Heh.. Gluing it on before you install might present problems later unk :p
      • lol...I would think most builders would know not to glue it on till the build was finished and ready to play. I just use a tiny drop and spread it around the pot post then let it dry, just enough to snug up the hole. I also take a tiny bit on my dremel and cut slots inside the knob hole to mesh up with the post flanges.

• Bingo, that's the way!

I'll give it a try in the next few days. Cheers!

This reply was deleted.