Inexpensive 6 string necks

I have been looking for a discarded 6 string neck to put on a CBG, but haven't had any luck. Can anyone recommend a place, maybe on eBay or elsewhere, where I can pick up an inexpensive neck in the 25-30 dollar range? Thanks in advance.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Looks like they have nothing but strat necks...

Vince Stark said:
    I just got a strat paddle head from Fetish. It's a real nice neck. Wish I'd have bought more than one while they still had that style.

Michael Gajeski said:
    Guitar Fetish has this one for $29.95. These seem to be the necks from the saga kits, which I've had some luck with in the past.
  • I have actually been watching CL but nothing has been in my price range.

weinerdog said:
    Another place that might be worth checking is craigslist. Sometimes there will be people just getting rid of guitars(working or not) in the $20 range.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions, I have been browsing through them all. Some of them want more for the shipping than they do for the neck! lol

I am leaning towards the Fetish ones, I just have to decide which one I want to go with.
  • Amazon has some really cheep acoustic guitars that you could cannibalize for the neck or maybe turn into a reso if you have a mind to.

http://www.amazon.com/BLONDE-Classical-Acoustic-Guitar-MODEL/dp/B00...
  • Another place that might be worth checking is craigslist. Sometimes there will be people just getting rid of guitars(working or not) in the $20 range.
  • I just got a strat paddle head from Fetish. It's a real nice neck. Wish I'd have bought more than one while they still had that style.

Michael Gajeski said:
    Guitar Fetish has this one for $29.95. These seem to be the necks from the saga kits, which I've had some luck with in the past.
  • really most of the complaints i have heard about the eden necks involved the fretting
  • wow. like everything else from China these days, huh.

Mortimer Snerd said:
    The Eden neck I bought, was twisted. I thought of returning it, but it took eleven days to get here, probably ten or eleven days going back to China, then another ten days waiting for a replacement to arrive. I ended up reluctantly keeping the neck and using it, just so it wouldn't turn into a thirty day ordeal to get a good neck. But hey, they are for cigar boxes, not flawless master pieces right? I have chated with others that have gotten lucky with the Eden necks, so they can't all be bad.
  • The Eden neck I bought, was twisted. I thought of returning it, but it took eleven days to get here, probably ten or eleven days going back to China, then another ten days waiting for a replacement to arrive. I ended up reluctantly keeping the neck and using it, just so it wouldn't turn into a thirty day ordeal to get a good neck. But hey, they are for cigar boxes, not flawless master pieces right? I have chated with others that have gotten lucky with the Eden necks, so they can't all be bad.
This reply was deleted.