Replies

• Since I see a  4 contact 3.5mm male plug on one end, I'd say it was a cell phone accessory (left/right/mic/ground). 

• Yikes, this thing was weird. And useless as the solder made a bad join on the juice wire. Good job it was to be repurposed.
      All the best from Bill. :D
  • Looks like a mono to stereo 1/8 jack that someone soldered a 1/4 line female jack on the end of. My guess is to feed a microphone and guitar into left and right channels on a tape or minidisk stereo recorder

• Yep. But I'd call it 2xmono -> stereo.

Commonly known as an 'insert cable' because they are used to insert an fx loop in a mixer channel strip. (Where send is one side of a stereo plug and return on the other..)
      • Thanks for the replies. It was mostly out of curiosity that I posted, but I had literally no idea what it would do. Anyway, prepare to be reborn sunshine! ( Getting the hang of soldering now, prep the E.R!)
        All the best from Bill. :D
  • To me it looks like a Jack input adapter normal guitar/headphone  in ,to minijack in/out, and if its not,then it appears to look like a build in jack for a acoustic guitar. 

• I don't think it's a Jack for acoustic but the first idea sounds good. Not for long though, it's being cannibalised to make a speaker input tomorrow!
      Many thanks from Bill. :D
This reply was deleted.