Replies

• I was addicted to E-bay, until they changed their policies on payment and feedback. This CBG stuff is highly addictive! I got a friend who owns a liquor and cigar store, and have been getting them for free.
  • I get most of my boxes from the cigar store in the mall where I work. I pay anywhere from 25 cents to $5 a box.
    BUT the store owner gets a bit disturbed when he finds out I took a 25 cent box and stuck a stick and a piece of wire on it and got anywhere from $28 to $40 bucks for a 1 string.
    Or when he comes by and see's a box I bought from his shop that now has a $70 to $100 price tag on it.
    I'm betting that his boxes will increase in cost shortly,,,,,,
  • Can`t believe that you guys have to pay for boxes.
    I get them for nothing over here in Germany.
  • Those Oliva boxes are really nice for CBGs. I just made two of them. The Series O box is almost the perfect size, eh?
    Wichita Sam said:

Scott,
    You are right about Olivia boxes.... much bigger sound (and better) than the construction would suggest. My fav 4 string slide for noodling around is built on a Olivia.

the best,

Wichita Sam

Scott McDonald said:
    Wes Yates said:

OOOO, is that on Oliva box on the left middle row?

It sure looks like it. I have a diddley box CBG that I made using one of those. It's a tiny box, but has a big sound. I have been looking for another one.
  • What I do is look for the ones that they are selling by the lot. If there are 4 or 5 that I would like to have I'll buy and sell the others in my wifes yard sales. It helps to offset the cost.

Paul Doug said:
    I have bought most of my boxes from e-Bay because there are only a few cigar stores in my area and they don't have a great variety. But lately the shipping and handling, is getting too high to make the boxes worth it to me. I can't justify spending $12 plus per box. So now I look and only buy what I think is a good buy, or a box I just gotta have.

Tony Watkins said:
    Hey Paul,
    I 've found that ebay can be a great place to find boxes. I've bought several off of there myself.
  • Scott, You are right about Olivia boxes.... much bigger sound (and better) than the construction would suggest. My fav 4 string slide for noodling around is built on a Olivia. the best, Wichita Sam Scott McDonald said:
    Wes Yates said:

It sure looks like it. I have a diddley box CBG that I made using one of those. It's a tiny box, but has a big sound. I have been looking for another one.
  • Wes Yates said:

• Yeah, get him to send the broken's. I know I have salvaged wood from others to fill in spots or make supports as needed. Heck I have one now that had some kind of a thin veneer-thin wood with the logo imprinted. Musta been something that separated the cigars. I dunno. I'm gonna use that as a veneer on one box. Maybe the headstock. Dunno.

BTW- that is the same Oliva as I have (middle left box). Sweet box. Finish well to protect the design and original varnish. It chips and scratches very easily.

Paul Doug said:
    Just received notice from the seller that two of the boxes were broken. He wants to replace them with the ones in the second picture. I okay-ed it, a little disappointed because I love punch boxes, but I already have a red one. I don't have the ones he is replacing with. The little CAO will store parts.
  • Just received notice from the seller that two of the boxes were broken. He wants to replace them with the ones in the second picture. I okay-ed it, a little disappointed because I love punch boxes, but I already have a red one. I don't have the ones he is replacing with. The little CAO will store parts. p style="text-align: left;">

• I have bought most of my boxes from e-Bay because there are only a few cigar stores in my area and they don't have a great variety. But lately the shipping and handling, is getting too high to make the boxes worth it to me. I can't justify spending $12 plus per box. So now I look and only buy what I think is a good buy, or a box I just gotta have.

Tony Watkins said:
    Hey Paul,
    I 've found that ebay can be a great place to find boxes. I've bought several off of there myself.
This reply was deleted.