I need a box... a particular box

A box with artwork/text relating to a shotgun preferably with the Beretta brand on it somewhere. Something along the lines of a Field and Stream box would work as well. I want to make a cbg uke with it for a Christmas gift for my father in law. He's into sporting clays and expressed an interest in another uke I was working on. If you've got anything along those lines I would be interested in looking. I'd be willing to make a trade for a bowl with a figured wood lid and a turned neck similar to what I've been making (www.bluesbowls.com) or to pay a reasonable price for the box out right. Let me know if you have such an animal and are willing to part with it. Thanks

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Maybe an old ammo box would be easier to aquire?Ive seen some of those
  • I talked to a guy last night that has a laser. He says he can get what I need up to 12 x 24. That should do it. Now I get to build the box. Thanks for all of your suggestions.
  • Maybe try a waterslide decal of the image. That might work for you.

Raymond Overman said:
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'm considering my options. I was thinking about talking to a friend with a laser engraver if I can't find an original box.

The applique technique might be what I end up with. I'm just hoping I can figure out a way to transfer just the logo so that the white space is wood. When I get it figured out and made, I'll be sure to post some pictures.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'm considering my options. I was thinking about talking to a friend with a laser engraver if I can't find an original box.

The applique technique might be what I end up with. I'm just hoping I can figure out a way to transfer just the logo so that the white space is wood. When I get it figured out and made, I'll be sure to post some pictures.
  • You may want to find a Beretta logo, and glue it to the lid of a plain box.

• http://cgi.ebay.com/Colt-Python-Pistol-Box_W0QQitemZ320435293368QQc...
    that could be cool

for my first build i am actualy using a gun cleaning kit box. the cigar boxes i have just didnt have the right feel when i started playing around and planning.
  • Man I sure wish I had a box like you need ! Those are truly beautiful instruments, great job Raymond in coming up with that style. Wray
  • Might do a search on e-bay for "Tins" there are all kinds of tin signs for sale and many related to hunting sports and gun adds. One might work as a top to a box. Or, get some of that decal paper and print a picture you like and attach to the top of a box.
  • Raymond, I don't have or know of such a box, but thought maybe you might consider taking an existing box and doing some appliqué with it (e.g., from a F&S or Outdoor Life ad).
This reply was deleted.