I hit the jackpot!!

In my latest foray to the cigar store, I found a baker's dozen of really nice boxes!! I wish it wasn't so cold here in Florida now, I can't wait to get working on them. No heat in the garage. The Cohiba box already has a destination and I need to make a tenor Uke, and I am torn between the Oliva box, and the Camacho box. The two Rocky Patels look awesome, so I think I will get to work on them too. I have 5 neck blanks handy, so maybe one of the Cielos is calling my name. I just uploaded pics of the boxes.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• sweet luck! but you shouldn't be complaining about the weather down in florida, it's much colder up her in NY
  • http://www.cigarboxnation.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screen...

Wes Yates said:
    ...And the pictures are?

Seriously, I love when you hit a motherload. I did the same at an undisclosed SC are beach where the boxes were literally stacked 6' high. Macs, Bolivar, Don Thomas, and a bunch of 2x4 boxes which I couldn't use. I made out with 9 for $10 and would have gotten more, but I was out of cash.

Just to make you cry, there is a Total Wine store local to me that has 'paper covered' boxes for $.50 each. These are stinkin' Don Thomas/Punch boxes for cryin' out loud.

-WY
  • ...And the pictures are?

Seriously, I love when you hit a motherload. I did the same at an undisclosed SC are beach where the boxes were literally stacked 6' high. Macs, Bolivar, Don Thomas, and a bunch of 2x4 boxes which I couldn't use. I made out with 9 for $10 and would have gotten more, but I was out of cash.

Just to make you cry, there is a Total Wine store local to me that has 'paper covered' boxes for $.50 each. These are stinkin' Don Thomas/Punch boxes for cryin' out loud.

-WY
  • Lucky you! I'm waiting on the weather to warm up also so I can get out and finish a build.
    Stay warm.
  • Sweet! I found a place going out of business the other day and got 20 boxes for less than $20. If it wouldn't have been cash only, I'd have bought all they had!
This reply was deleted.