If you follow this link you can download WFret, it's a great fret calculater and even better it comes with a feature that lets you print out the fret scale and then tape it to your fret board and just line up the frets with that of the printed template.A very accurate and very easy to use, it cuts out any geussing.Here's the linkhttp://www.davidbeede.com/FretCalcGraphic18rule.htm.Enjoy

WFret at work.JPG

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What a great idea. I guess you learn something new every day. And to think, I've been using StewMac's fret calculator all this time. This is way more fun.
  • That is an awesome tip! Thanks!

Chester Winowiecki said:
    I agree, a great program. I've used it on a bunch of builds. Here's a tip: If you print it out on a laser printer or copy it on a copy machine, you can iron the template to the fretboard face down and the lines of the template will transfer to the neck. Once you've done it a couple of times it's very easy and accurate.
  • I agree, a great program. I've used it on a bunch of builds. Here's a tip: If you print it out on a laser printer or copy it on a copy machine, you can iron the template to the fretboard face down and the lines of the template will transfer to the neck. Once you've done it a couple of times it's very easy and accurate.
  • The guy that wrote this program is,David Beede.A class act
This reply was deleted.