How many can you wire realistically together? I have 6 and don't have the energy or time to use them in a more traditional method. I'd like to put them on a plank of wood with my kids and wire them in either series or parallel on a 2x4 and make a lap steel. Each pickup is about 9-11 ohms when measured on a multimeter ...no volume pot just a jack, pickups and grounding.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• realistically??  well  .  i'm the  wrong  gut  to ask  . lol 

coven 1

swamp witch SPECTRUM5.OH teisco tribute

swamp witch SPECTRUM5.OH teisco tribute

but seriously  . with  humbucker space, anything  past  4 and you are  out  of the" sweet zone"   marginal  wave-length  area  ,  then again  ,  you   would  probabbly  get  into  some  fun  harmonics  and different  sounds  on the  last  2  by the   "neck"   with  6  .  

i say  go  for it  .  screw realisticness  ;-) start  right at the bridge   . 

gud luk  ;-)

• These are amazing...and why not ..
      • go  for  it  .  6 will  work  ,   actually  that top  picture  is   4  hummers and 2 singles  , so  , thats  kinda  6   ;-)

4  looks  / sounds cool  too  

teisco ss4l 3 string conversion, yeah ... be Jealous

swamp witch guitar ss4l tribute 1

swamp witch guitar ss4l tribute 2

• teisco  and  japan    60s  guits commonly  had 4  ..  

306559772?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

k . i'm showing off now  , i'll quit  ;-)  lol.

• Well I appreciate the answer. I'd say 4 also and was kinda expecting that.bat most for looks ...I'm a 1 pickup guy so I thought I'd ask hoping to get an answer from someone who's done this ...once again thanks.
This reply was deleted.