Janis Wilson Hughes takes you through the riffs of Money For Nothing on a 4-string cigar box guitar.  She even gives amp settings!

Tuning:  Open G: GDGB (low to high)

Subscribe to her Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/user/EvolutionStoneware

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Great tutorial.

• Great job Janis! You've got a very calming demeanour which should go a long way to helping people learn from your video(s). You're a natural.
    • Thank you Dani & Bear! I appreciate that. :) I don't love being in front of the camera, but tt's rewarding when people find it helpful and share the joy. My friend, teacher, and music guru Eric Denton suggested that I make this video to share. So thank you Eric for the push! 

• Thank you for the feature Shane! Rock on! ;)

Y'all, it's easy to play this on 3 string! You just play the B string notes (there are only 2 in the riff!) on your high G. The 6th fret on the B string (my #1 string here) equals the 10th fret on high G string. For the second time through which uses the 8th fret on the B string here, that would equal the 12th fret on the high G string. You can do it!

Maybe I'll make a 3 string tutorial for this song later. All my 3 string CBGs are fretless. Perhaps it's time to circle back and build a fretted 3 string... 

• Looking forward to the 3-string slide version!

This reply was deleted.